Quilting at the Museum

Saturday found me at the museum celebrating Alberta Culture Days with some quilting friends. Sewing and visiting all day is right up my alley!

We offered a diverse display of quilted items, graciously set up by the museum staff:



I managed only two shots. People were so anxious to not be "in my way" that they literally dodged out of my view, so I stopped trying to take photos for fear of scaring people away completely!


 We also offered various quilting demonstrations:

Binding a quilt

Glue-basting hexies

Piecing



Many people dropped in to see us, including some local politicians. We managed to put our current Deputy Mayor to work during his visit!


North Darling, Deputy Mayor

North did a great job, though he claims he only took Home Ec. in school because, "That's where all the girls were."


I spent the day piecing blocks for a "Crazy Curves" quilt using the fabric that was cut away during the making of my poor, dead "Circle Pizzazz" quilt. (sob, sob)

At the end of the day I had enough blocks to make 6 full circles. I decided to add some interest by splitting some of the circles in half and creating a radiating design.


This will become a square quilt.


All that pink together kind of gags me, so I'm toning things down by adding sashing between the blocks.



Even before the horizontal sashing goes in, I can see this was the right decision (for me).
Bonus: the sashing fabric makes the rest of the fabrics shine!

This quilt will be used for feather practice on the longarm...gulp. I'll keep you posted!

Until next time...Try, Learn, Grow!

Carole


Comments