Back in Business

Encoder troubles slowed me down this week, but not for long. Instead of having to wait for a part to come from the USA, my dealer lent me one off a studio machine. His goal was to get me up and running as quickly as possible. When my new part does arrive, we will swap again. Now that's excellent service! Thank you Sparrow Studioz!

'Flower Power' was on the frame for a few extra days until things were sorted, but it's owner was very understanding.

'Flower Power' (client quilt)

As if 'Flower Power' wasn't enough, here's more proof that the prettiest quilts come across my frame!

client quilt, fresh off the frame!
The next quilt went out the door so quickly there wasn't time to properly photograph the finished quilt, which is a shame. It has minky on the back, and will make a wonderful cuddle quilt!



My Secret Santa table runners are coming along. I can get three runners from a meter of seasonal fabric. I hope to make a total of six sets (18 runners) for the program...I know it's ambitious, but I'm gonna try! The first and second sets are finished (6 runners), so I'm a third of the way there.

Set ONE (one runner shown, but there are two more just like it)

Set TWO (all three of these are now bound and ready to go)

Machine binding has helped speed things up. I cut the binding at 2 1/4" wide, and attach it to the front of the quilt as usual. I then baste the binding to the back of the quilt using glue (Roxanne's Glue Baste It). A final round of stitch-in-the-ditch from the front of the quilt finishes the job. Slick.

The Hugs From Across Canada blocks I volunteered to make into a quilt are still waiting, but I do have a plan for the layout. I've decided to make a strong center for the quilt by using the darkest blocks in that position. I will start sewing today - yay!

Blocks for the quilt center


It was a crazy week around here with work, family and social activities. Between birthday celebrations, lunches out, school visits, company, cooking, cleaning, and quilting, I was wishing there were two of me! How is everyone else doing it all??? *deep breath*



Had a quick lunch at school with my granddaughter. Who could say no to that??? :-)
I love that she is as happy to see me as I am to see her!
Do you set priorities? 

I have, but sometimes it's hard to keep them straight. I am trying hard to keep my work schedule reasonable. (It is my own personality that makes it difficult, not my clients!) Having a home based business makes it too easy to work all. the. time.

I've posted a reminder where I can see it, and it does help.
  1. Health (physical, emotional, spiritual)
  2. Spouse (and family)
  3. Wealth (work is important, but not at the expense of the first priorities)

What are your priorities, and how do you keep on track?

Linking up with:
Fabric Frenzy Friday, at Fort Worth Fabric Studio
Whoop Whoop Friday, at Confessions of a Fabric Addict 
Show off Saturday, at Sew Can She

Try, Learn, Grow!
Carole
Comments are welcome and will be answered by email where possible. Thanks so much for looking around!

Comments

  1. Wow, that is fantastic service and I am so glad that you were back to quilting so quickly! I like your priority reminder. My husband and I like to go on a walk every evening, and a lot of times we will discuss how our balances are working out. A big goal for me switching to an at home business was to be able to focus more on my physical, emotional, and spiritual health, and it has been a very positive change for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you put your bindings on your quilts with the longarm? I tried it for the first time on my last quilt and I was impressed with the result especially for a first go.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like that second customer quilt, and the center layout for the hugs quilt. Quilting is what keeps me sane, so I have to make it a priority. My other priorities are more demanding (you can't ignore three year olds).

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are ambitious with that Secret Santa program. I had to read it over twice to make sure I understood just how many runners you are making, lol! Glad your machine is back in working order - stinks to be down. Life is such a balance - I find when I begin to get anxious about something it's entirely because the scales are skewed too far one way and I need to rebalance to get them back in harmony again. It's a constant dance.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You do have the prettiest quilts come across your frame. That is wonderful service you have for your long arm, how nice they were focused on getting you up and running. And it looks like you ran pretty far!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very pretty quilts, I love the Flower Power and what great service. Looks like you're getting lots done even still keeping those first 2 priorities.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Comments make my day! Thanks so much for taking time to leave me a message.