August Goal & A Fabric Treat!

My goal this month is to finish piecing my Metro Rings quilt top. I started working on it in April, but have been too busy to touch it since.

August promises to be relatively quiet, so I should have some piecing time. To make sure I don't get lazy, I'm linking up with A Lovely Year of Finishes @ Sew Bittersweet Designs and Fiber of All Sorts!

Secretly, I'm just making this so I can quilt it!
FreshofftheFrame.com


Despite being strict with myself, two Kona Cotton fat quarter bundles followed me home from The Stitchin' Post. I haven't bought much fabric for last two years, so this is a real treat!!!

My stash is as hefty as ever, but I figure these lovely neutrals will work in beautifully.


Kona Cotton & an Angela Walters original
FreshofftheFrame.com


The plaid print was a gift from Angela Walters - one of her own designs. Lucky me!
Head over to Molli Sparkles Sunday Stash linky party to see what other treasures people have stashed this week!


I'm keeping this post short and sweet, but have one more photo-heavy quilt show post up my sleeve. I will also share about my time in class with Katie Pasquini Masopust, and Angela Walters, so stay tuned! (Sign up by email or Bloglovin, if you like! The links are in my sidebar, at the very top.)

In the meantime, if you missed them:


Click HERE for my recent post about Tula Pink's Quilt Walk in Sisters, Oregon.

Click HERE to see some of the quilts from the Special Exhibits at the Sisters Outdoor Quilt Show (SOQS).

The Teachers' Tent was also fun to share, as were the Gee's Bend Quilts!


Try, Learn & Grow!
Carole

Comments

  1. I'm intrigued by the little faces in your fabric here! Will have to check back to see how Metro Rings turns out for this combo.

    Julie @ Pink Doxies

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Secretly, I'm just making this so I can quilt it" :) I can totally relate! It will be beautiful when it is all pieced, add your quilting? I can't wait to see both finishes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hit publish to quick! I do not know how I missed your Tula Pink Walk post but what a wonderful walk! I felt like I was walking with you! Beautiful pictures :)

      Delete
  3. I look forward to seeing the metro rings progress this month! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your confession that you are making it so you can quilt it. I do that too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, finish it - it's such a pretty design and very fun to quilt! You did quite well if you only came away with those fat quarters at The Stichin' Post. Fun shop. I think my quilts for the next several years will look pretty dated for those of you who know fabrics because I have some serious piecing to do to get my stash d-o-w-n. Definitely need a Fabric Diet.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is funny how those fat quarter bundles just follow you home. Several followed me home this summer! They look like a wonderful set of neutrals that should find places in quilts easily. quiltmusings.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Was it really April when you were working on those last? That's quite scary! And I love that Angela Walters print.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Comments make my day! Thanks so much for taking time to leave me a message.